17 September 2021

Creating, not capturing



To me photography has grown into something beyond the mere "capturing a moment" but more into "creating" one.

Manual focus lenses allow me to carefully study and compose by focusing on the very precise spot in the image. Older lens designs are often used to create the illusion of a mood, would that be by quirky bokeh, flare or other "optical faults".

Last but not least I find the manual focusing so much more rewarding than just pointing the camera and pressing a button, spraying a dozen images in succession to maybe get something.
I am no fisherman but the analogy could be like comparing fishing with a net and fly fishing: both capture fish, I just think one is more rewarding  😉


spider's carousel
projection lens Aldis 8.5cm f2.5



the secret dance
refitted Canon SE 45mm f1.7 (from Canonet)



painted with light
Meyer-Optik Trioplan 50mm f2.9




.


No comments:

Post a Comment