18 February 2021

Away from crowds

Australia Day is usually a very busy day on the roads. 

A lot of folk likes to pop down to the beach and local park to get drunk, disguised for what they call "celebration". I am not a fan of the mob and even less the rather embarrassing scenes of some parties. I like to get away from all that.


Northern Rivers rural roads_c


As soon as I headed inland, away from popular spots, even the main roads were surprisingly empty. I like to explore and find a spot to spend the night away from amenities and noisy neighbors, a place that I discover by accident, not because an Instacrap post recommended it. Rural dirt roads don't always go through and occasionally I have to backtrack; that however ensures I get to see places that most don't.


ferntrees track


If am lucky, at the end of the day I find a spot on a creek or by the river, where I wash off the dust of riding on dirt roads.


washing off the dust


A simple tarp is enough to keep the dew off me at night while still allowing to be in contact with nature.

River camp


.

No comments:

Post a Comment