15 September 2015

Spring wildflowers

Only a few flowers were still blooming, I missed their peak in late August.
Spring comes early in South East Queensland even if frosty nights are common.
Wildflowers are tiny but the smell can be pervasive.

Flower on Trioplan_2
Meyer Optik Trioplan 50mm  f2.9  1/350sec

Flower on Trioplan_1
Meyer Optik Trioplan 50mm  f2.9  1/1000sec

Bee on Trioplan _c
Meyer Optik Trioplan 50mm  f4  1/350sec

I challenged myself to use a vintage lens that I adapted to fit onto my modern Olympus camera.

There is no autofocus and the lens is prone to flare; getting a sharp image was a combination of luck, careful selection of subject and lighting. As the lens was placed really closely to the flowers I moved my camera back and forward to obtain focus on my subjects. I am not a fan of tripods as the moment and light usually pass while setting one up. I prefer free-hand allowing me to quickly position the camera in unusual spots.

Mimosa_2_c
Meyer Optik Trioplan 50mm  f5.6  1/750sec

No comments:

Post a Comment